Customer Account Terms and Conditions
- Agreement - AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS is an interactive online service provider for access onto the Internet. This agreement sets forth the Account Terms and Conditions, which apply, to the subscriber for use of AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS. The subscriber is deemed to have agreed to comply with all terms by use of the service.
- Billing Period - All services provided by AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS will be billed in advance for the forthcoming month and will include all applicable local, State and Federal taxes. If the customer utilizes a service, through AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, with any additional hourly charges or single-use special charges, these charges will be billed at the time of the next months billing. Credit card authorized payment will also be billed in the same manner. Payments not received within 30 days of invoicing will be subject to a 1.5% financing charge. AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS reserves the right to terminate or discontinue service at any time.
- Returned Checks - A returned check charge of $25.00 will be incurred for all returned checks.
- Minimum Payment - A minimum payment of three (3) months will be assessed on all new accounts. The subscriber is responsible for choice of service and is bound to remit payment.
- Billing Disputes - All billing disputes, with AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, must be received at our business office in writing, and the obligation to pay for service will continue until such notice is received. Termination of your service does not constitute relief from amounts incurred prior to termination. Agreements or contracts not on a monthly basis (yearly, quarterly, etc.) can be cancelled in writing or by phone, but the subscriber will be obligated to pay any and all monthly fees until termination of the contract is finalized.
- Cancellation Policy - On cancellation; accounts will billed to the end of the present quarter.
- Dial Up Numbers - Installation packets may be shipped with pre-installed dial up numbers for Chicagoland Areas. On installation of the service the subscriber is responsible for inputting the appropriate number corresponding to their area of dial up service. AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS is not responsible for charges incurred by the subscriber for the inputting of the wrong dialup number.
- Line Condition - AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS uses state of the art, modern digital equipment for its internet/network services. AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS is not responsible for the deterioration of line speeds based on the location of the subscriber. 56K provides speeds significantly higher than 33,600 BPS for over 80% of local phone lines. Typical speeds range between 42 and 54 KBPS (the current limit set by the FCC)
- Legality of Content - The subscriber agrees to use AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS for lawful purposes only. The subscriber will not post or transmit any material, through AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, which violates or infringes upon the rights of other users. This includes, but is not limited to: threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar or obscene language, any action which threatens public or private rights or which is considered objectionable, any action which encourages a criminal offense, any action which gives rise to civil liability or violates any law. Attempts to gain unauthorized access to outside computer systems are expressly prohibited. Users agree to abide by any and all rules of the network they access through AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS. The subscriber agrees to defend and hold harmless AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, its directors, officers, employees, agents or affiliates for all damages and claims that might arise from the subscribers use or misuse of the service, which damages or otherwise harms either the subscriber, AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS or a third party.
- Time Limits - AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS customers may not leave their PPP dial-up accounts connected for more than 24 hours at a time. This constitutes "nailing-up an account". Your PPP Personal account is intended for unlimited personal use: meaning, (and our definition is final) that you may have your connection up as long as you are personally in front of your PC. Your PPP Personal account is not a dedicated account. If you disregard this policy and leave your account up for more than 24 hours, your account will be terminated.
- Multiple Logins - Only one person, the subscriber, may use the PPP account. Multiple or simultaneous logins will constitute forfeiture of the account and your account will be terminated.
- Responsibilities - AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS makes no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding services provided. AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS is not responsible for any damages suffered from the use of our services, including but not limited to, loss of data, service interruptions and/or delays, or third party litigation.
- Content Screening - AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS cannot and does not control the content of information available over the Internet. For this reason, the subscriber certifies that he/she is at least 18 years of age or, if the subscriber is a parent or guardian, he/she assumes all responsibility for supervising the on-line activities of the underage user. Any information garnered through AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS is done so at your own risk.
- Unauthorized Connections - The subscriber shall not allow unauthorized connections to AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, unauthorized reselling of AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, or the solicitation of AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS users to become subscribers to other online service providers in competition with AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS, nor shall the subscriber make any unauthorized copies or duplications of any AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS material, advertising, forms, brochures, pamphlets and the like which is the property of AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS.
- Relationship - The relationship between the subscriber and AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS is that of subscriber and service provider only. In the event of a violation of any terms and/or conditions set forth in this agreement, AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS reserves the right to immediately terminate the services provided to the subscriber, with the subscriber being fully responsible for any and all attorney's fees incurred by AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS with regard to this agreement at all trial and appellate court levels.
- Court Venue - In the event of a dispute, AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS and the subscriber agree that the venue for such litigation shall be Lake County, Illinois and that the terms and conditions of this agreement shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois.
- SPAM Policy - The transmission of any type of material, whether graphical or textual in content, to other subscribers or non-subscribers without their express consent is prohibited under the terms of this agreement. Any violations of our SPAM policy will result in immediate termination. Any complaints received from our subscribers or non-subscribers of unsolicited materials will result in a charge of $150.00 per complaint charged to the offending subscribers account automatically.
- Unauthorized use of AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS Equipment - Any subscriber attempting to attack AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS equipment in any way will be billed at $250.00 per hour, with a minimum billable time period of 1 hour, to track the offending subscriber and repair any damage they may have caused.
- Modification of Terms - AFTER 5 SOLUTIONS reserves the right to change or modify the terms, conditions, rates or services at any time, without any prior notfication.